To improve economic resilience and food security of the artisan fishers in the northern Sudanese Red Sea Coast, the ECOFISH-SOS Sahel project provided the following supports to date:
- 4 Community Leaders Orientation meetings were held.
- 4 workshops for the fishers on sustainable fishing conducted.
- 3 MOUs signed between SOS Sahel and fishery inputs and service providers.
- A Baseline survey conducted.
- An assessment of the existing fish landing sites was carried out.
- 4 community profiles were prepared.
- 423 packages including fishing gears and iceboxes (different sizes and specifications) distributed to 1266 fishers.
- 40 Marine Outboard 40HP distributed to 40 groups.
- 33 GPS& fish finder distributed to 33 groups
- 37 Safety Packages provided for 206 fishers.
- 26 technicians from Marine Fishery Administration trained as trainers.
- 150 women trained in Sea Food dishes.
- Orientation on environment and biodiversity conservation in marine parks conducted for 70 Participants
- Capacity building training on general management for 1012 Participants
- Technical trainings on fishing practices for 1686 fishers