ACHIEVEMENTS: From December 2022 to July 2023
To promote Sustainable management of small-scale coastal fisheries in Northern Madagascar, the ECOFISH-C3 Madagascar provided the following supports to date:
- 1 year fisheries data collected in Ambolobozokely, Nosy Hara and Irodo KBA
- 148 individuals and 50 households participated in socioeconomic survey on small-scale fishing resource utilisation regarding the significance of the marine resources derived from small-scale fisheries across three sites.
- 240 Junior Ecoguards from 13 schools participated in 2 days youth immersion programme
- 13 schools received funds to organize independently awareness activities on marine biodiversity conservation within their communities
- Over 50 Junior Ecoguards participated in international awareness day, including World Wetland Day, World Environmental Day and World Ocean Days